So I am hoping that if I can register with the AllStarNetwork some of my configuration can be done via their webpage. So I found this page on their FAQ:
And made the changes using the following commands:
Scrolled down to the line about registration and edited it to read:
Ctrl-O to “Output file” or better known as Save
it asks for the file name I left the default of iax.conf since I wanted to overwrite it.
Ctrl-X to exit
Now I have to restart the asterisks service…Google anyone?
Didn’t find it right away so I did what any Windows guy would do: reboot.
I issued the command “reboot -n”
I logged back in and I honestly have no idea to know if the registration worked or not….
So the other post on the FAQ about Allstar Link How-To talked about how to configure publishing my node stats online. I want to enable this to basically see if it will help me determine what is going on!
This post: http://ohnosec.org/drupal/node/12
I looked at the two options (For ACID vs Limey Linux) and the only difference appears to the be location of the command ‘wget’ I used cd and ls to determine in pickle it is located at the same location as ACID.
so I ran pico /etc/asterisk/rpt.conf (which essentially is the file the allstarnode website edits and creates and downloads for you)
I changed the line that said  CHange this to your node number (so I did)
And then I scrolled down to the section that says
*** Stauts Reporting ***
And uncommented (deleted the semi-colons at he beginning of the 2 lines) the 2 lines under ACID.
Ctrl-O to save again and then rebooted again.
My status page still says nothing. Oh well for now. I think I need to stop working on this for a while because my partner and I are leaving the house soon.
UPDATE: I edited out the A at the begining of the node number for the registration page. Just to see if it changed anything. Doesn’t appear to but I also suspect I need to get the ports working for the admin tool webpage to work as well.
UPDATE 2: WAIT! I now appear on the node page for allstar. So I think it worked! Ok now maybe I can work on the configuration from the web page. Of course I also need to get a radio hooked up to the LOX board to even start testing….
UPDATE 3: I read some more documentation that did say the A in front of the node number was needed so I changed it back. I also found what ports need to be open for AllStar which is 4569 UDP per this article:
So I went ahead and created a port forward for my device with 4569 (I’m using a Buffalo Router with dd-wrt as the firmware (not the stock firmware) and it is behind a cable modem that is NOT a router. So I’m singled NATed).
I’m hoping this will allow me to use the web interface now to make changes ::fingers crossed::